- Get Your Smoothie On
- Try a Kale Berry Smoothie
- What’s the Hype about Juicing Anyway?
- Tools Needed to Begin Juicing Now
- New to juicing? Pick your first juicer
- Green Juice For The Rest of Us
- How To Make Smoothies Your Kids Will Love
- Tropical Smoothie
- Christmas Shopping for a Cook? Vitamix Review
- Tips for Making Healthy Juice at Home
- Carotenoid Cocktail Juice for 2
- A Healthy Holiday Gift: Nutribullet
- Smoothie with weight loss goes hand in hand
- Festively Fall Juice
- Delightfully Delicious
- How To Benefit From Drinking Green Smoothies
- Cucumber Curiosity
- Very Blueberry Morning
- Pink Passion
- Healthy Smoothies That Tastes As Good As A Milk Shake
Juicing doesn’t always have to be done in a juicer. Sometimes you can use your high-speed blender to completely pulverize the ingredients, creating a juice. Don’t skimp on freshly squeezing all of your juices when called for because it is a lot healthier.
Store bought juice, regardless if it is from concentrate or not is always pasteurized. Pasteurization, while great for mass production to keep people from getting sick removes a lot of benefits and beneficial gut bacteria from the food.
With this recipe, you get the goodness of both orange juice and blueberries. You’re going to benefit from the fiber too which is good for the morning to help your body accept a sweet juice without sugar overload.
Orange juice has lots of vitamin C. Oranges are also cancer preventing due to the citrus limuloids which have been proven to help fight skin cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer and even colon cancer.
- 2 Cups Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Fresh, Filtered Cold Water
- 1 Cup Organic Blueberries
- ) First, using a citrus juicer; juice two cups of fresh squeezed orange juice. This could be 1 to 4 oranges depending on how juicy they are and their size. In this recipe it is okay to use as much pulp as you want because you are actually going to blend this juice. This will allow you to retain the benefits of the pulp and fiber.
- ) Using a high speed blender, place all the ingredients in the blender in the order listed above under ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. You can now pour it through a strainer if you like, but in this case, keeping the pulp will make a better morning juice that includes fiber to help the sugar digest slower, keeping you feeling full longer.
How do you use blueberries?