- Get Your Smoothie On
- Try a Kale Berry Smoothie
- What’s the Hype about Juicing Anyway?
- Tools Needed to Begin Juicing Now
- New to juicing? Pick your first juicer
- Green Juice For The Rest of Us
- How To Make Smoothies Your Kids Will Love
- Tropical Smoothie
- Christmas Shopping for a Cook? Vitamix Review
- Tips for Making Healthy Juice at Home
- Carotenoid Cocktail Juice for 2
- A Healthy Holiday Gift: Nutribullet
- Smoothie with weight loss goes hand in hand
- Festively Fall Juice
- Delightfully Delicious
- How To Benefit From Drinking Green Smoothies
- Cucumber Curiosity
- Very Blueberry Morning
- Pink Passion
- Healthy Smoothies That Tastes As Good As A Milk Shake
Tips for Making Healthy Juice with Plenty of Vitamins and Nutrition
Making healthy juice isn’t hard when you are making homemade juice from scratch. The vitamin and mineral components of the juice are dependent on which produce you use, and how much you use it. You can increase your chances of making healthy, nutrition packed juice by giving it some thought prior to getting started.
* What is Your Current Health Like? — It is always important to access what your current health situation is today. Do you suffer from any type of illness such as diabetes that would make taking in high quantities of fruit juice dangerous? It’s important to talk to your doctor before drinking a lot of juice. Oftentimes people with illnesses can still enjoy the health benefits of juicing by choosing the right produce.
* What Conditions Do You Want to Treat? — Many people use juicing as a form of detox or addiction recovery. Some people find that it helps with starting over, or resetting their body chemistry to a healthier baseline before going back to a healthy diet. They might juice for as long as 90 days to treat some conditions. This type of juicing should be done under medical supervision. Shorter juice feasts of a couple of days are probably okay for healthy people.
Taking these things into consideration can increase your chances of success and help you create juices that are particularly healthy for you and your own conditions.
For the Best Results and Most Flavorful Healthy Juice
In order to ensure that you make the best juices possible, those that are healthy, free of contamination and so forth follow these tips.
1. Buy Organic Produce – While you don’t need to always buy organic when it comes to eating produce whole, it is very important that you buy organic produce for juicing. You will be ingesting a high concentration of produce so this step is essential.
2. Chill Produce in Advance – Juice tastes better cold, but you want to drink the juice immediately rather than refrigerating it because of the enzymes. So, the best way to get the best taste is to chill the produce prior to juicing it.
3. Clean Juicing Area – Always clean the area in advance to ensure that you start with clean surfaces, knives & juicers to cut down on any chance of contamination that could make you sick.
4. Prepare Your Produce – It’s important to carefully wash and prepare all of your produce, including peeling, seeding and chopping when needed to fit into your juicer. Getting everything ready in advance will make the process go faster.
5. Get Containers Ready – Chill your containers while you prepare the juice. Juice tastes better cold, so chilling the serving vessels will help a lot. Plus, it’s fun.
6. Juice Produce – Run the produce through your juicer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and / or your recipe.
The final step to ensuring that you have healthy juices with plenty vitamins and minerals is to choose from three different categories of ingredients.
Choose a Base:
Choose a Flavor:
Add a Green:
Being sure not to overload on any one flavor will make the most nutritious and flavorful juices. Learn about the vitamins and minerals in the produce you like to eat, as well as which vitamins and minerals can help treat illnesses you want to treat or avoid. Finally, the most nutritious juice is the one you’ll actually drink, so make sure it tastes good.