- Get Your Smoothie On
- Try a Kale Berry Smoothie
- What’s the Hype about Juicing Anyway?
- Tools Needed to Begin Juicing Now
- New to juicing? Pick your first juicer
- Green Juice For The Rest of Us
- How To Make Smoothies Your Kids Will Love
- Tropical Smoothie
- Christmas Shopping for a Cook? Vitamix Review
- Tips for Making Healthy Juice at Home
- Carotenoid Cocktail Juice for 2
- A Healthy Holiday Gift: Nutribullet
- Smoothie with weight loss goes hand in hand
- Festively Fall Juice
- Delightfully Delicious
- How To Benefit From Drinking Green Smoothies
- Cucumber Curiosity
- Very Blueberry Morning
- Pink Passion
- Healthy Smoothies That Tastes As Good As A Milk Shake
Carotenoid Cocktail Juice for 2
Carotenoids are known cancer fighters. The kale is rich in lutein, the tomato lycopene, and the sweet potatoes are full of beta-carotene.
Here’s a great overview from publicmed.gov: Dietary carotenoids are thought to provide health benefits in decreasing the risk of disease, particularly certain cancers and eye disease. The carotenoids that have been most studied in this regard are beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. In part, the beneficial effects of carotenoids are thought to be due to their role as antioxidants. Beta-Carotene may have added benefits due its ability to be converted to vitamin A. Furthermore, lutein and zeaxanthin may be protective in eye disease because they absorb damaging blue light that enters the eye. Food sources of these compounds include a variety of fruits and vegetables, although the primary sources of lycopene are tomato and tomato products.
This juice packs a carotenoid punch that can’t be beat. If you’re fighting illness or a cold, try one of these babies.
What is your favorite carotenoids juice combination? Let us know below or share your recipe with us as well. I love trying out new juices.
- 2 Handful of Kale
- 2 Medium Sweet Potato, washed, peeled & quarters
- 2 Medium Tomato, whole
- 2 Green Apple, seeded
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 2 Garlic Clove
- Run through juicer in order listed. This juice is savory and delicious with just the right amount of sweet to balance out the kale.